Halloween is by far my most favorite Holiday. I love decorating. Every year, I tell myself that I need more Halloween decorations. I don’t ever buy any full price though. The day after Halloween is the best time to get decorations, because they’re %50 off at Spirit Halloween or just about any place where you can get decorations. I try to make my outside of the house look creepy with Grim Reepers, graveyards, and skeletons everywhere. Inside, I like to find candles, table decor, you name it. Halloween is the bomb ass holiday. Screw Christmas! I hate it how stores also like to put all that crap up early too. At least wait until Halloween is over with, is that too much to ask?
Do you know what’s fun? Making these eyeball oreo truffles for Halloween. Wal-Mart has these gummy eyeballs that you can stick on just about anything. The blood is just red food gel and I used almond bark to dip the truffles in. You can make these light or Weight Watcher friendly by using those 100 calorie oreo crisp packets and fat free cream cheese!
- 1 8oz package of Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese
- 3 packets of Nabisco 100-calorie Oreo Crisps
- 6 squares of almond bark (melted)
- red food coloring gel
- 1 package of gummy eyeballs
- In a food processor combine the cream chees and oreos.
- Roll the combined oreo mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Dip the balls in melted almond bark. Using a spoon to lift the covered oreo truffle in chocolate and tap the edge of the bowl to get rid of an excess chocolate.
- Place the gummy eyeball on the eyeball right away and let the oreo truffle set until the chocolate has hardened.
- To make the blood shot eyes, spread the food gel in squiggly lines across the eyeball.
Oreo truffle recipe adapted from eat yourself skinny
Nutrition info calculated using fatsecret.com
Points Plus = 3 per serving
SmartPoint = 5
- Serving Size: 20
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 11.6
- Sodium: 64
- Fat: 4.3
- Saturated Fat: 3.75
- Carbohydrates: 13.46
- Fiber: .2
- Protein: .95