- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound silken tofu, drained
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate wafer crust, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (optional)
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the milk and vanilla in a medium metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber or silicone spatula. Combine the tofu,peanut butter and chocolate chips in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
Makes 8 servings
You can use Vegan Chocolate chips if you don't want to use semi-sweet chocolate. Certain kinds of chocolate chips will make the pie look like a different color.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave instead of double boiler.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 31
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4