One pot enchilada pasta is a different way to enjoy classic enchiladas and still has all the great flavor. It is ready in under 30 minutes and only uses one pan to cook the whole entire meal!
I love enchiladas and this is such a super simple recipe! A can of enchilada sauce and chicken stock is the liquid that cooks the noodles without having to make the noodles in a separate pan. When everything is done cooking in the pan melt your favorite type of cheese on top and top it with your favorite enchilada toppings like sour cream, black olives, green onions, or guacamole!
Make this one night for an easy weeknight dinner your whole entire family will love!
What Ingredients do I need?
Olive Oil - Don’t be afraid to use olive oil with WW. Your body still needs healthy fats!
Garlic - for spice
Onions - finely diced, if you don’t like onions leave them out
Chicken Broth and Enchilada Sauce - These two liquids cook the noodles like I mentioned above.
Use unsalted chicken stock to control the amount of sodium that goes into your dish. The only thing that should have sodium is the cheese and Enchilda sauce.
Rotini Pasta - any shaped pasta, egg noodles, or whole wheat noodles
Ground Beef - can sub ground turkey or chicken
Colby Jack Cheese - low fat or reduced fat
How to Make One Pot Enchilada Paasta
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
Once the ground beef is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to the pan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook on low, with the pan covered for about 15 minutes.
Then remove the lid and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
Garnish with black olives and green onions.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this One Pot Enchilada Pasta recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ of a small onion, diced
- 1.25 lbs of lean ground beef 93/7
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 8oz (about 2 ½ cups) of dried whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 2 cups of low-fat Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Green onions, Black Olives, and Sour Cream for additional toppings (optional)
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Once ground beef is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and green onions.
myWW points: Blue 12; Green : 12; Purple 10 (1 cup)
Disclaimer: If using the nutrition info below to calculate WW points they might not be the same.
- Category: Easy
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24G
Keywords: enchilada pasta