One pot enchilada pasta is a different way to enjoy classic enchiladas and still has all the great flavor. It is ready in under 30 minutes and only uses one pan to cook the whole entire meal!
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1.25 lbs of lean ground beef 93/7
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 2 cups of low-fat Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Green onions, Black Olives, and Sour Cream for additional toppings (optional)
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Once ground beef is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and green onions.
myWW points: Blue 12; Green : 12; Purple 10 (1 cup)
Disclaimer: If using the nutrition info below to calculate WW points they might not be the same.
- Category: Easy
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24G
Keywords: enchilada pasta