Grilling season is almost done with. *Sigh Although we grill here when it’s -25 degrees outside. How bout you? 😉
I was browsing my pinterest boards and saw this recipe for orange basalmic glazed chicken, and then I thought it would be really fun to make chicken kabobs. It’s fun to put food on a stick. Food is better on a stick. Kabobs take no time to make on the grill. For chicken all it takes is 4 flips, with 2 two minutes per side. The chicken comes out really moist. So, I used the glaze from that recipe, and made some kabobs. Kabobs is a fun word to say too. KAH BOBS. KAH BOBS on the BARBIE B Q. Ok, I sound like an idiot so I’ll stop now.
If you’re looking for ways to get rid of left over jam in your fridge this glaze is good for that. I want to try different jams like raspberry or apricot next time.
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade or sugar free orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 8–10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed (can use skin-on chicken if you prefer it)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place chicken in a 9X13 in pan. Brush both sides with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium high and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
- While chicken is on the grill, whisk orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Whisk in cornstarch and let simmer for several minutes (should thicken up).
- Remove chicken from grill and place in a large shallow dish (or baking pan). Drizzle orange-balsamic glaze all over the chicken. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve
Recipe adapted from Sweet Treats and More
Weight Watcher’s Points Plus: 5
Smart Points: 4
Use sugar free jam and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 23.82g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26.02g