Are you looking for interesting marinades to make for the grill this Summer? Try this orange balsamic chicken glaze. It has orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, and honey in it. After you try it on chicken, you might want to give it a try on seafood as well. Shrimp or salmon would be really good.
I was browsing my pinterest boards and saw this recipe for orange basalmic glazed chicken, and then I thought it would be really fun to make chicken kabobs with that glaze. Food is always better on a stick and it's also fun to eat.
How to Cook Chicken Kabobs
To cook the chicken on the grill, all it takes is 4 flips, with 2 - 3 two minutes per side if you have it on really high heat. The chicken comes out really moist. Kabobs is a fun word to say too. KAH BOBS. KAH BOBS on the BARBIE B Q. Ok, I sound like an idiot so I'll stop now. 🙂
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Orange Balsamic Chicken Kabobs recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- ¾ cup orange marmalade or sugar free orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tbs cornstarch
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Make the sauce: Whisk the orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Whisk in cornstarch and let simmer for several minutes (should thicken up). Set aside to cool. Transfer the marinade to a bowl or freezer zip-lock bag.
- Prepare the chicken: Cut the chicken into even-sized cubes and place it in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers.
- Heat the grill: Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken kabobs on the grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Serving size: 1 kabob
Recipe adapted from Sweet Treats and More
Can add different vegetables to the kabobs like onions, bell pepper, or zucchini.
myWW points: Blue: 4; Green 5; Purple 4
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 kabob
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 23.82g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26.02g
Keywords: balsamic chicken kabobs