I am so excited! I downloaded a book for taking better pictures of my food and I’ve only been reading it for a day now. Already, I’ve learned lots and I’ve been trying to shoot more in manual mode. Hopefully my pictures start impressing you guys! I’ve been trying to improve my photographs since starting this blog.
This orange chicken salad is so good and perfect to eat after a really good work out! I overdressed my salad with the dressing and that can really make a salad taste terrible sometimes so I made a new bowl of it. Think I’ll be having this for dinner. Peanut dressing would be really good with this salad also. The chow mein noodles give the salad a nice little crunch to it also. Added in some avocado.Print
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canned mandarin juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 –4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn in pieces (or use a iceberg lettuce, chopped)
- 4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 2 cups dry chow mein noodles (can use more or less)
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds or 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- canned mandarin oranges (drained, reserve 2 teaspoons juice for the dressing)
- Mix all dressing ingredients until well combined; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce with chicken, green onions, dry noodles, carrot and slivered almonds or chopped peanuts; mix to combine.
- Pour on the dressing; toss to combine.
- Top with mandarin orange segments.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 servings, serving size: 1 cup.
myWW points: Blue Points: 11; Green Points: 12; Purple Points: 11
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Sodium: 235.8
- Fat: 21.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 19.4G
- Fiber: 3.9G
- Protein: 22G