1 ¼ pound boneless skinless chicken strips, cut into 1-½” cubes
2 tablespoons of flour or cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tsp of olive oil
1½ cups water
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅓ cup rice vinegar
2½ tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon ginger
2 scallions, chopped (for garnish)
Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Dip chicken in beaten egg and shake in flour mixture to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken in batches until completely cooked (about 2-3 minutes per side).
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine 1 1/4 cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
4. Stir well over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger,
5. garlic, and onion. Bring to a boil.
6. Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and mix thoroughly. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens. Pour sauce over breaded chicken and garnish with green onions.
7. Serving Size: 1/2 cup (if that isn’t enough have more!)
See notes above for air fryer instructions!
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 7; Purple 5
Can sub brown sugar substitute like Splenda to help lower points
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: orange chicken