I've been a treat making fiend lately, but I've been sharing them and not keeping them to myself. Tis the season! These are a great treat to make if you're looking for something from your kitchen to give to people. Be aware though, they're very addicting and you might end up eating them all before you give them away. I ended up giving half of them to my mom since my brother was visiting for the weekend.
This recipe has been going around a lot on a message board I frequent. Then I saw it on one of my favorite food blogs so I had to make them. Mine didn't turn out as pretty though. The balls have to be frozen before you dip them in chocolate. They were messy to make and the oreo crumbs kind of got into the white chocolate. It all goes in your mouth in the end, so it's all good. Your tummy won't be disappointed.Print
1 16 oz package Nutterbutters or Oreos
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 14 ounce package candy melts
1. Place all but 6 cookies in food processor and process until ground to fine crumbs.
2. Put crumbs and cream cheese in bowl and mix until completely combined.
3. Form dough into one inch balls
4. Melt candy in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each heating, until melted.
5. Coat each ball in candy and place on cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
6. Chill in refrigerator until candy is hardened.
7. Do what you will with those 6 extra cookies.