So there are over 1200 recipes on this site and I’ve been going through some of them and retaking pictures or making a video for the post and resharing the recipe. It’s fun to go back and look at your old photos and see some of the recipes you wrote. I’m even rewriting some of them to make them more point friendly. I’ve got a lot of baked goods on here that call for a stick of butter and sugar that isn’t very WW friendly. 🙂
These oven baked tacos are one of those recipes I wanted to repost. This is just a base recipe and I know there are lower point flour and corn tortillas out there but I just love how these Stand N Stuff taco shells are flat on the bottom and that makes them easier to serve and to take pictures with. I’ve seen these oven baked tacos done with flour tortillas and corn tortillas. If you have a low point tortilla you like to use go ahead and use that, but be sure to use your recipe builder to figure out the points for it. Ground turkey isn’t all you can use either. Try these tacos with chicken or ground beef. If you’re vegetarian use lentils.
Happy Taco night!
Oven Baked Tacos
- 1 lb 99% FF Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup of fat-free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons of Dak’s Taco Seasoning or 1 envelope of Taco Seasoning
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 Stand N Stuff Corn Tortillas (I used Old El Paso) (see notes)
- 4 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Brown turkey and drain any fat (there shouldn’t be any).
- Add taco seasoning, refried beans and tomato sauce to the ground turkey.
- Heat until blended.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a glass 9X9 pan with cooking spray. (or any type of oven safe 9X9 pan)
- Spoon taco filling into taco shells and stack them side by side in a pan.
- When shells are filled, top each with shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, watching so they do not brown much.
- Top with remaining taco ingredients if desired.
5 smart points (1 taco)
I prefer corn tortillas but I know there are many other low point options out there for making your own tacos. Use whatever you like but just make sure to change it in the recipe builder.
I used 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in each taco shell.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 26