- 8 oz. package shell pasta
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 oz. white American cheese, chopped into small pieces
- 4 oz. extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, drain and return to the pot; set aside. 6 to 8 minutes
- Melt butter over low heat until it starts to bubble. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and bubbles, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheeses, a little bit at a time, stirring until cheese melts completely. Add mustard, salt, and hot sauce, and stir until well combined and sauce is smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup
myWW: 14 points (all 3 plans)
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 6.2g
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 13.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 19.4g
Keywords: panera copycat mac and cheese recipe