It’s already Sunday and it will be Monday before you know it. Boohoo. On Saturday morning, I was going to go and work out at the gym like I usually do. That changed, when my car had a thin sheet of ice on it, and it took me about 30 minutes to scrape off the ice on my car. By the time I was done scraping off the car, the class had already started. That was a good upper arm workout.
My Mom and I went shopping at Michael’s and Home Goods on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and it almost felt like it was Spring out. My house isn’t very organized guys. My kitchen is the worst, and there’s always stacks of paper everywhere. Everything ends up on the table in the dining room. I picked up some baskets to organize my piano and violin music, so now it’s packed away neatly on the bottom shelf next to the piano. All of my music used to be in this huge wicker basket that was driving me crazy. The dogs couldn’t get back there to look for their ball. Eventually I want to organize everything in my house, and I’m starting off with the living room.
The smell of roasted garlic is AHHHHHH Mazing. You just slice open the top of the garlic and drizzle some oil on top. Sprinkle with salt and bake in a hot oven (usually 375 to 400 degrees) until the garlic has turned a slightly golden brown color. I could eat the garlic just straight out of the oven. Roasted garlic makes this couscous stand out and it’s the perfect side to any kind of fish entree. I had some with some roasted shrimp.Print
- 2 cups of cooked couscous
- 1–2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 3–5 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped (see recipe here)
- 1–2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Prepare couscous per instructions. In dry skillet, add pine nuts and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes (stirring frequently). Remove from heat. In same skillet, add oil, once hot, add onions and cook until caramelized & tender. Once the couscous is done, stir in the onions, pine nuts, roasted garlic, cheese and parsley. Enjoy.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 31