This is my first post from my new Dell laptop......
I never would have thought my new laptop would come in handy for viewing recipes. You can set your laptop in a kitchen where you won't get anything on it and viola! You have yourself a recipe book. Normally, I end up printing my recipes out or writing them down on a sheet of paper. Just think of all the paper this will save!!
My first post from my new computer is about peanut butter popcorn. One time my cousin made some peanut butter popcorn and so I saw this on a blog and this reminded me of that. I'm always looking for new ways to doctor up popcorn. When I was on Weight Watchers my snack for the night was a 1 point bag of popcorn. Most of the time, I just use some spray butter and whatever seasoning that I have in the house. This popcorn isn't very point friendly, so if you're looking for a good snack and not counting points try this. I was too lazy to put the popcorn in the oven and let it bake for awhile. It's still really good even though I skipped that part!
2 3.5 ounce packages microwave popcorn, popped (or the equivalent)
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup peanut butter
20 large marshmallows
½ cup salted peanuts
1. Pour popcorn and peanuts into a large bowl. Preheat oven to 250. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a glass or plastic bowl, combine the margarine, brown sugar, and marshmallows. Cook at 1 minute intervals in the microwave, stirring between each time, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
3. Stir in the peanut butter until well blended. Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn, and stir quickly to coat the corn before it cools. Pour in single layer onto cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
5. Cool, and I dare you not to eat the entire batch in one sitting. 🙂
Smart Points: 21 Makes 6 servings