This recipe for peppermint meltaway cookies looks really pretty and festive on a cookie platter and they really do melt in your mouth! Save the recipe because people will be asking you for it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. In another bowl, whisk flour and cornstarch; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 2 ½ dozen cookies
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 7; Purple Points: 6
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3g
- Fiber: .2g
- Protein: .8g
Keywords: peppermint meltaways