Pesto is a sauce made of basil, pinenuts, parmesan, garlic, and olive oil and it gets brushed onto some grilled shrimp kabobs.
- 1 to 2 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp
- Wooden skewers for grilling
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the basil leaves, parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper to taste to a food processor or blender. Process half of these ingredients first before adding in the olive oil.
- Stream in the olive oil while the blender is processing the other ingredients. Continue blending until well combined, adding additional olive oil if needed.
- Store the pesto in a jar or plastic container with an airtight lid. It will last in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze homemade pesto in ice cube trays.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Marinade the shrimp in a bowl with about 2 or 3 heaping tablespoons of pesto or just place the shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Grill on each side until the shrimp turn pink. Then brush the pesto sauce on each side while grilling. The shrimp are ready when they turn pink on both sides.
myWW points: green 3; blue: 2; purple 2 (1 shrimp skewer with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pesto)
Can use storebought or homemade pesto
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: .3g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: .2g
- Protein: 13.1g
Keywords: pesto grilled shrimp