Pizza on a griddle is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious homemade pizza without having to heat up your oven. Here's a recipe to make a simple and tasty pizza on a griddle:
Why You Will Love Pizza on a Griddle
Firstly, cooking pizza on a griddle allows for a crispy, golden crust that is simply irresistible. The even heat distribution of the griddle ensures that the crust is cooked to perfection, with a satisfying crunch that will have you reaching for seconds (or even thirds!).
Secondly, a griddle is incredibly versatile when it comes to pizza toppings. Whether you prefer classic margherita or something more adventurous like buffalo chicken or BBQ pulled pork, a griddle can handle it all. The flat surface allows for even cooking, ensuring that your toppings are evenly distributed and cooked to perfection.
Cooking pizza on a griddle is a fun and social activity that you can enjoy with friends and family. Everyone can get involved in creating their own unique pizza masterpiece, and the end result is a delicious and satisfying meal that will leave everyone feeling happy and satisfied.
- Pizza dough - When it comes to making homemade pizza on the Blackstone you can make your own pizza dough or use a store bought dough. I really like getting the Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Dough from Aldi to make homemade pizzas with or I have a recipe for 2 Ingredient Pizza that you can use. Using Naan bread is also another great option for pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce or Marinara sauce of choice
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumbled turkey sausage - I like the precooked turkey sausage crumbles from Jimmy Dean
- Pepperoni - Turkey or Regular Pepperoni
- olive oil for brushing - Look for olive oils that are labeled as extra virgin, cold-pressed, and unfiltered for the highest quality.
- See the recipe card below a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Pizza on a Blackstone
Step 1: Preheat your griddle over medium heat. Cook the sausage on a skillet until cooked through and set aside.
Step 2: Brush each side of the pizza dough rounds with olive oil.Place one of the rounds onto the preheated griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned.
Step 3: Flip the pizza dough round over and spread the pizza sauce over the top. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, followed by half of the grated Parmesan cheese. Then add remaining toppings.
Cover the griddle with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Carefully remove the pizza from the griddle and repeat the process with the other pizza dough round and remaining toppings.
Slice and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza on a griddle!
- Wrap it up: Wrap the leftover pizza slices tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will help prevent air from getting in and drying out the pizza.
- Use airtight containers: If you have airtight containers, you can store the leftover pizza in those instead of wrapping it up. This is a great option if you have a lot of pizza slices.
Blackstone griddles are popular among outdoor cooking enthusiasts because of their versatility and they are also transportable so you can take them camping or to the lake. Unlike traditional grills.
Blackstone griddles have a flat cooking surface which allows for even heat distribution and the ability to cook a variety of foods at once. You can easily get restaurant-quality dishes cooking at home and make recipes like Blackstone Philly Cheeseteaks, Blackstone Smashburgers, or Blackstone Hibachi Chicken and Vegetables.
Additionally, Blackstone griddles are easy to clean and maintain, which makes them a great investment for those who love outdoor cooking. Overall, their durability, versatility, and ease of use make Blackstone griddles a great option for anyone looking to up their outdoor cooking game.
Yes, it is recommended to preheat a griddle before using it. This allows for even heat distribution and can help prevent food from sticking. The exact preheating time may vary depending on the type of griddle and the desired cooking temperature, but a general rule of thumb is to preheat for about 5-10 minutes.
Any type of non stick skillet over a stove top will work just fine!
Yes, you can definitely make pizza on a Blackstone griddle! In fact, many people love using their Blackstone griddle to make delicious, crispy pizzas that are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Other Recipes To Try
If you tried this Pizza on a Blackstone orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Pizza on a griddle is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious homemade pizza without having to heat up your oven
- 1 pound pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce or Marinara sauce of choice
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of cooked crumbled turkey sausage
- 10 pepperoni
- olive oil for brushing
- Divide the pizza dough into two equal portions and roll them into thin rounds. Brush each side of the pizza dough rounds with olive oil.
- Place one of the rounds onto the preheated griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Flip the pizza dough round over and spread the pizza sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, followed by half of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the griddle with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the griddle and repeat the process with the other pizza dough round and remaining toppings.
- Slice and serve hot.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: pizza on a blackstone