I've been on the hunt for a good chili recipe lately and I think I've finally found one! Whenever I just attempt to "wing" a chili recipe it never comes out right.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (93 % fat)
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped seeded poblano chile (about 2 large)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 12-ounce Mexican beer (such as Corona)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes,
- Step 1
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef; cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove beef from pan; drain. Wipe pan clean.
- Step 2
- Remove and discard seeds and membranes from 1 jalapeño; finely chop both jalapeños. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add jalapeños, onion, poblano, and garlic; sauté 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beer; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 12 minutes or until half of liquid evaporates. Add chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in beef, crushed tomatoes, broth, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups chili into each of 8 bowls; top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 6; Purple Points: 4
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 14.4
- Saturated Fat: 5.9
- Protein: 25.5
Keywords: poblano chili