- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- red food coloring
- 1 tube of black food gel
- 2 piping bags or sandwich bags will work
- Using a stand or hand mixer, blend butter until smooth & creamy.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add heavy whipping cream and blend well until full mixed in.
- Fill pipping bag and pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
- Divide the frosting in half. Dye one of them red and leave out the vanilla. The vanilla will make the frosting look more dark. Frost one half of the cupcake with white and the other half with red. Then pipe a little circle around the center. Use black food gel to make the outline around the ball.