Now you no longer have to choose between a quesadilla or a burger. You can have both. Super easy and delicious to make at home by yourself.
I’ve been playing the pantry game lately. You just find a recipe to make out of a random ingredient that you’ve had in your pantry, that needs to be used up. Play along with me and find a random ingredient in your pantry!
I had these street style Mission tortillas sitting in my pantry for quite some time now and wanted to use them up. The tortillas ended up being the perfect size for burger quesadillas! These tortillas would also be great for mini tacos but the idea of a quesadilla burger sounded better, plus I had ground beef in my freezer to use up.
Applebee’s has a similar item on their menu and you can easily make these at home.
What do I need for Quesadilla Burgers?
Ground beef – for WW use a lean ground beef like 93% or 96%. You can even use ground chicken or ground turkey.
Pico De Gallo – make your own or buy some that is already made at the grocery store. Saves even more time! A lot of grocery stores already have this made for you now.
Cheese – Sargento thin sliced cheese works great for this. Tear the slices up to make them fit on the tortilla better.
Lettuce – Use romaine or iceberg
Mission Street Style Tacos (They are 5 points for 2 shells)
How to Cook Burger Patties
Burgers can be tricky to get right. I tried 2 different methods for cooking these quesadilla burgers. First, I cooked the burgers in a nonstick skillet and the other burger I cooked on a griddle. The griddle method was my favorite.
Skillet Method: Add burgers to a skillet and cook 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
When burgers are cooked in a skillet they start to get smaller and smaller. Especially if you place a cover on the skillet and that creates more steam. When it came time to place the pico de gallo and lettuce on top it was hard because the toppings didn’t fit, and kept on falling off.
Griddle Method: Instead of shaping the burgers into patties, I shaped them into balls and placed them directly on the griddle. Then, I found something in my kitchen to help flatten them. There are special tools you can use for this but just find anything in your kitchen that is flat. The burgers kept their shape and didn’t shrivel up. That is why I prefer this method better.
How to make Quesadilla Burgers
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Mix until just combined, then shape mixture into 4 balls that are the same size.
Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the 4 balls of beef on the griddle and press the balls down to form burger patties. Find something that is flat in your kitchen to help press down on the patties.
Cook patties to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and wipe skillet clean.
Spray the griddle again with cooking spray, Add a flour tortilla and top with a cheese slice and lettuce.
Place a cooked burger on top, then top with more cheese, and cup pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream.
Top with a tortilla and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
Flip quesadilla and cook 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadilla burgers.
Other Recipes You Might Like
*If you make this recipe please comment and rate the recipe below to let everyone know how it is, or tag me on Instagram! If you want to upload a photo you can do that on Pinterest. Just find the post for it.Print
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas (Mission street tacos)
- 8 slices of Sargento Thinly Sliced Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. pico de gallo, prepared
- 1/2 c. sour cream or plain NF Greek Yogurt, for drizzling
- Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the 4 balls of beef on the griddle and press the balls down to form burger patties. Find something that is flat in your kitchen to help press down on the patties.
- Cook patties to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray the griddle again with cooking spray, Add a flour tortilla and top with a cheese slice and lettuce.
- Place a cooked burger on top, then top with more cheese, and cup pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Top with a tortilla and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook for 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadilla burgers.
MyWW points: Blue: 10 ; Green: 11; Purple: 10
- Category: Easy
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
Keywords: Quesadilla Burger