These are my new favorite Holiday cookies and they will be added to next year's Christmas Cookie list. I ended up making two batches because the first time the cookies spread out and they aren't supposed to
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup reduced sugar raspberry jam
- Powdered Sugar Glaze (Optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add milk and almond extract; beat well.
- Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until combined; cover bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into 32 balls; place about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press an indentation into center of each ball using your thumb. Using a small spoon, fill indentations with jam.
- Bake until bottoms of cookies turn golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheets for 1 or 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon water and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract. Add enough of the remaining water to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle cookies with icing.
- Yields 1 cookie per serving.
myWW points: Blue: 3; Green 3; Purple 3
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: thumbprint cookies