These fancy Raspeberry-Basil Watermelon Cups will be sure to impress any guest this Summer! Stack them in a row on a nice white plate and make a fancy looking salad out of them. I’m sure there will be someone at your party trying to take some photos to post on their Instagram account of these cute little watermelon cups. Feta and basil go really well on top of watermelon and if you’ve never tried that combo before you should definitely try it sometime!
The original recipe called for strawberries, but I decided to go with whatever fruit was on sale. Blackberries would add some really nice color to these and I was looking for those but they were not on sale this week. Just use a melon baller to scoop out a place for the fruit to lie in the watermelon. Some nuts would also be good on top of these watermelon cups.Print
- 24 (1 1/2-inch) cubes seedless watermelon (from 1 large watermelon)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries (I used raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Using melon baller, scoop out center of each watermelon cube from top (about 3/4-inch deep), and reserve for another use. Transfer watermelon cups to serving platter. In medium bowl, mix strawberries, olive oil and salt.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into watermelon cups. Top with cheese and shredded basil.
myWW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 0; Purple Points: 0
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 15
- Sugar: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Recipe adapted from tablespoon.com