Air fryer roasted chickpeas make a great crunchy and low point snack for Weight Watchers. Chickpeas are zero points and you can season them up however you like! Oven instructions, as well as air fryer instructions, are written below.
I've been considering changing this blog up a bit. I'll still post Weight Watcher recipes but other diet recipes as well. Such as vegetarian, vegan, low carb, keto, etc.. I kind of do that already but more of it. Instagram has really fascinated me lately. I see all the diets people are on, certain foods people rave about, and all these amazing Vegan desserts. Seeing all those amazing photos makes me want to try eating those foods they do or making it myself.
Roasted chickpeas are great for snacking. They are high in protein and one serving of chickpeas has 11 grams of protein in it. Roasted chickpeas are also great for adding a little crunch to your salad or veggie bowl (whatever you call them). If you want to flavor up your roasted chickpeas a bit use whatever type of seasoning you got in your pantry. I used a Seasoning Salt from this store in town called Pinch and Pour. If I ever find a way to replicate that seasoning I'll post it on here because it is great.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Is air fried food healthy?
When you compare air fried food to deep fried food it is much healthier because there is hardly any oil used at all. The only oil I use is from my Pam cooking spray. I spray only the food once or twice because most air fryer baskets are non stick. If you are concerned about using aerosol sprays for the environment or your health buy a Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer can from Amazon and fill that with your favorite oil.
What are the Best Large Size Air Fryers?
If you are researching air fryers and looking to buy the best ones out there on the market I have tried and tested 2 different ones before. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
EFFORTLESS COOKING: Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts. Make yourself feel like a professional chef in your kitchen with the digital air fryer that can easily replace baking pans, deep fryers, a grill pan, convection toaster oven or any one of your kitchen appliances.
FEATURES: 5.3 Quart Easy Load Basket with Non Stick Coating; 7 Preset Programs with easy one-touch digital control let you Roast, Air Fry, Bake, Steam, Saute and Grill; Digital Timer with Automatic Shut Off; Manual Time and Temperature programming option; 1700 Watts of Turbo-Cyclonic Power; Super Heated Air heats up to 400 degrees, cool to the touch easy grip handle.
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you love your air fryer as much as I do be sure to check out these recipes!Print
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, heaping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- cayenne, to taste
- Drain garbanzo's in a strainer and rinse well with cool water. Shake to help remove water. Let sit to drain while proceeding.
- Cover a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour garbanzos on the foil and spread them into a single layer. Take a few sheets of paper towel and gently press over the top of the beans just to remove any extra liquid- speeds cooking time too.
- Spray top of beans with cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over the beans. Shake pan to help distribute the seasoning and make sure the beans are all in a single layer.
- Place pan in an oven and set to 350 F- no need to preheat. Use lowest rack on oven and return every 15-20 minutes or so to shake the pan so nothing burns. Be gentle or they may spill over the sides. Cook until beans are browned and crispy. About 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour into a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid to cool. Careful they are HOT to the touch!
- Air fryer instructions: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Once the chickpeas are all coated in the seasoning place the chick peas in your air fryer basket. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Snack away! Keep these stored in the bowl for best freshness or in a Ziploc bag.
myWW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 6; Purple Points:0
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0.1
- Fiber: 4.7
- Protein: 5.3
Keywords: air fryer