I’ve been considering changing this blog up a bit. I’ll still post Weight Watcher recipes but other diet recipes as well. Such as vegetarian, vegan, low carb, keto, etc.. I kind of do that already but more of it. Instagram has really fascinated me lately. I see all the diets people are on, certain foods people rave about, and all these amazing Vegan desserts. Seeing all those amazing photos makes me want to try eating those foods they do or making it myself.
Roasted chickpeas are great for snacking. They are high in protein and one serving of chickpeas has 11 grams of protein in it. Roasted chickpeas are also great for adding a little crunch to your salad or veggie bowl (whatever you call them). If you want to flavor up your roasted chickpeas a bit use whatever type of seasoning you got in your pantry. I used a Seasoning Salt from this store in town called Pinch and Pour. If I ever find a way to replicate that seasoning I’ll post it on here because it is great.Print
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, heaping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- cayenne, to taste
- Drain garbanzo’s in a strainer and rinse well with cool water. Shake to help remove water. Let sit to drain while proceeding.
- Cover a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour garbanzos on the foil and spread them into a single layer. Take a few sheets of paper towel and gently press over the top of the beans just to remove any extra liquid- speeds cooking time too.
- Spray top of beans with cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over the beans. Shake pan to help distribute the seasoning and make sure the beans are all in a single layer.
- Place pan in an oven and set to 350 F- no need to preheat. Use lowest rack on oven and return every 15-20 minutes or so to shake the pan so nothing burns. Be gentle or they may spill over the sides. Cook until beans are browned and crispy. About 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour into a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid to cool. Careful they are HOT to the touch!
- Snack away! Keep these stored in the bowl for best freshness or in a ziploc bag.
Smart Points: 0
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0.1
- Fiber: 4.7
- Protein: 5.3