Roasted Garlic Hummus is an easy homemade recipe that can be made with or without Tahini sauce. Top it with some fresh dill, crumbled feta cheese, or olive oil and serve it with your favorite veggie or cracker on the side.
- 2 cups canned chick-peas or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut off the very top of the garlic clove (about 1/4") so that the tops of most of the cloves are exposed slightly. Coat with a little olive oil and wrap securely in tin foil. Roast garlic in oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
- Using your fingers, squeeze the soft, roasted garlic out of each clove into food processor. Rinse and drain cooked or canned chickpeas. Add them, and all other ingredients, to the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Scrape ingredients off sides of food processor to make sure it blends evenly. If you find that the hummus is too thick, you can add additional olive oil at this time. Add it very slowly, allowing the mixture to combine fully before adding more liquid.
- Serve at room temperature with crudites, warm pita or crackers.
- Optional: Sprinkle with chopped parsley or paprika before serving.
myWW points: Blue 3; Green 6; Purple 3
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 91.1
- Sugar: .1
- Saturated Fat: .7
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 2.2