4 smart points | 109 calories
You can bring these cookies to a a Holiday party and not let anyone know they were Weight Watcher Cookies. Believe me, no one will know the difference! They tasted like the sugar cookies my Grandma would always make but with less butter. Butter is my favorite baking ingredient to work with and when I bake, I don't want to leave that out! The blue frosting color I made, almost reminded me of the Disney Movie Frozen. Make them for that too. Theyre supposed to be snowflakes. Parden my decorating skills. They aren't the greatest. I tried my best to make them look like snow flakes and this is how they turned out. 🙂
I pretty much kept the whole recipe but left out a ¼ up of flour. It wasn't missed. The dough was easier to work with and the reviews on the website said that it came out crumbly. Not GOOD. That is why I decided to leave out the extra ¼ cup of flour. I'm going to try this same dough and make sugar cookie bars later on this week! 🙂Print
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (about 11 ¼ ounces)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- To prepare cookies, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla and egg whites. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each dough half into a ball; wrap each dough half in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- Unwrap 1 dough ball. Press dough into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, to a ¼-inch thickness. Repeat procedure with remaining dough ball. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove one dough portion from refrigerator. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; turn dough over. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Using a 2 ½-inch cutter, cut dough into 18 cookies. Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough half.
- To prepare icing, combine powdered sugar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Working with 1 cookie at a time, spread about 1 teaspoon icing evenly over cookie. Let stand on a wire rack until set.
Dough makes 3 dozen cookies.
3 points per cookie
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- Calories: 109
- Fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: .2
- Protein: 1.2