There’s this chain bakery in town here called Gigi’s. On Tuesdays, they have a S’mores cupcake and it’s topped with mini marshmallows that have been blow torched, to make them look like they were on a campfire. It also has a Hershey’s chocolate square on top with marshmallow frosting. Not sure how many calories it was, but it was amazing. That was my indulgence on Tuesday after work. It wasn’t too sweet, and most of the cupcakes at Gigi’s have frosting on top of the cupcakes that have to be at least a mile high. That will for sure send your body into sugar shock for a day or two.
I thought I’d give myself a challenge, and make that cupcake lighter and that wasn’t too hard. Diet coke really does the trick. I was always afraid of diet coke because of the aspartame. Thought it had a funky taste to it. When you have over dosed on regular coke and no longer drink it because its way too sweet for ya, diet is fine. Yep, that’s what happened to me. Regular coke is just bad for you in general, can lead to diabetes and lots of cavities. Top with marshmallow fluff, and crushed graham cracker squares, and there you have it. A Skinny version of a S’mores cupcake.Print
- 1 15 oz package of German Chocolate Cake mix or Devil’s Food
- 1 12 ounce can diet soda
- 48 tablespoons of Marshmallow Fluff
- 10 graham cracker squares, crushed
- 1 container of fat free coolwhip
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together entire box of cake and diet soda until well combined.
- Spoon the cupcake mixture evenly into 24 cupcake tins.
- Bake at 375 for 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, beat the cool whip and marshmallow fluff until well combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the frosting mixture and pipe the frosting onto the cupcake. About two tablespoons of the frosting.
- Crush the graham crackers in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin. Dip the cupcake onto the graham cracker crumbs. Top with graham piece (optional)
WWP+ per cupcake = 4
Smart Points: 6
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 95
- Fat: .4
- Carbohydrates: 21.8
- Fiber: .5
- Protein: 1