Can we talk about this pizza? This vegetarian pizza with refried beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado and scallions? I'm not even a vegetarian and I loved this pizza! I was debating on whether or not to put some black beans or olives on there for color. If you like black beans or olives by all means go for it. Pizza is awesome because anything goes.
Have you ever had Baboli Pizza Crust? It's usually located by all the pizza ingredients. The whole wheat pizza crust is actually really good and I calculated the points for 1 slice to be only 3 points. That is, if you divide the pizza crust into 8 equal servings. Speaking of points, I've decided I'm going mainly focus on healthy recipes for the time being. I was reading a very inspiring blog post that says to find your niche and while checking pinterest, pretty much all my popular pins are healthy recipes. People go crazy for that. So, for the next couple of months I'll try REALLY hard to post as many Weight Watcher/Healthy/Skinny recipes as I can. Sometimes, a person can get off track, and stop eating healthy for awhile. They need some kind of inspiration and motivation to start eating healthy again.
My garden has an abundance of chives and rhubarb in there now. This pizza was lacking in some kind of sauce and since there's plenty of chives in my garden, into the sauce they went. I'm going to have to cut back my rhubarb plant and make some barbeque sauce this weekend. Rhubarb on pizza sounds like it could be good too, maybe as a dessert pizza.Print
Skinny Taco Pizza with Corn, Avocado, and Tomatoes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 12" Baboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of fat free refreid beans
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ an avocado, chopped
- ½ cup of no salt added corn kernels
- ¼ cup of chopped scallions
- For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons of thick greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 tsp of salt
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the ½ cup of beans onto pizza and top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- When the pizza is done baking, top with the corn, tomatoes, avocado, and scallions.
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients for the chive sauce and blend until smooth. Top the sauce over the pizza if desired or use it for dipping.
myWW points: Blue Points: 9; Green Points: 11; Purple Points:9
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 10
Adam Baratz says
I'm not a vegi either but I would eat the heck out of that pizza!
Melanie | Melanie Makes says
All of my favorites in pizza form? Yes, please!