Slow Cooker Chicken Queso Chili is packed full of yummy Southwest flavors. It is loaded with corn, black beans, peppers, and chicken in a creamy rich cheese sauce! You won’t believe this soup is WW friendly!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups salsa, divided
- 1½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bell peppers, minced
- 1 14 ounce can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (without ribs and seeds)
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese
- cilantro for topping
- blue corn tortilla chips for yummy dippin’
- Place the chicken breasts, 1½ cups salsa, water, cumin, chili powder and salt in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. When the chicken is done, shred the meat directly in the crockpot using two forks.
- Pat the minced peppers dry with a paper towel. Place the bell peppers in a large nonstick skillet over high heat without oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes WITHOUT stirring. This creates the browned, roasted look out on the outside of the peppers. Stir once and repeat until the peppers are nice and browned. Set aside. Repeat this process with the corn and jalapeño together.
- After the chicken has been shredded, add the roasted peppers, roasted corn and jalapeño, black beans, remaining salsa, and cream cheese to the crockpot. Stir and replace cover, allowing the cream cheese to melt. Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding another ½ cup of water if needed. Let the soup simmer for another 15-30 minutes until everything is smooth and melted. Just before serving, stir in the Pepper Jack cheese.
- Serving size: 1 cup
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 8; Purple Points: 4
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup