- 2.5 lbs. pork shoulder,lean only, trimmed of fat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1–2 diced chipotle peppers and 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1–2 bay leaves
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place it in the crockpot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low until the pork is fork-tender and easily shreds. Or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- When the pork is fully cooked preheat your broiler. Place the shredded pork on a baking sheet and place under broiler until pork is crispy on the outer edges. About 5 minutes.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 6; Purple: 6
1/2 cup serving size (for pork recipe only)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g
- Fiber: .1g
- Protein: 25.8g
Keywords: slow cooker pork carnitas