This cookie is BY FAR my favorite cookie that always disappears first on the Christmas cookie tray! They are very simple, but kids and adults alike will love this chewy packed cookie with M&M’s. You can make these festive by using Red and Green holiday M&Ms around Christmas time.
Christmas baking this year is EXPENSIVE. Eggs are 3.00 for a large container and 4 sticks of butter is around $4.00. That doesn’t stop me from baking though. This is my first batch of Holiday cookies and this weekend there will be plenty of baking going on! There is a bake sale at work next Monday and I am frosting cookies with my Grandma on Sunday afternoon.
If you’re looking for a one stop shop for all your baking needs just go to Fleet Farm. I kid you not, this place has EVERYTHING you need for Holiday baking. They even had bags of crushed up peppermint candy canes. More stores need to get on this! I almost kick myself for not getting a bag.The M&M’s in these cookies were from fleet farm. Seriously, just go there and see for yourself! The only thing they didn’t have there was butter, you’ll have to go to a grocery store for that.
This cookies are best, add vanilla ice cream in the middle to make an ice cream sandwich cookie.
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M’s plain chocolate candy
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add combined flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Drop by Tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 M&Ms onto top of each cookie.
- Bake in 375°F for 10-12 minutes.