Lately, I’ve been getting off work at 2:30. The light in my kitchen is still good at that time, so I’ve been trying to take pictures of the steps for making a recipe. It’s a lot of work, but I’m really like it. Lot’s more pictures to edit. Here we go, these are still cooling out on my patio. Right now it’s 34 degrees and I like using my patio as a refrigerator sometimes.
Have I told you lately, that I love the Somoa Girl Scout cookies? This is the same thing, but in a brownie form. I’ve been waiting for our neighbor to come by and sell us some cookies. They do every year. Had to turn another girl scout down because we told her we get them from our neighbor. The girl scouts were also selling them at the grocery store and I passed those up to. I’m pretty cray cray for doing that.
Like my big red bowl? That’s from Martha Stewart’s collection.
Toast some coconut at 400 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until the coconut turns brown.
Melt some caramel in the microwave until smooth, stir in milk, and coconut. I could just eat the caramel right now!
Spread the caramel/coconut mixture over the top of the cooled brownies like so.
Melt some chocolate in the microwave and drizzle the chocolate over the caramel mixture sporadically, like I did.
Waiting patiently for the final product. I’ll post that tomorrow. 🙂Print
- 1 15 oz box brownie mix
- 3 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- (2) 14 oz. package of caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
- In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.
- Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let chocolate set and enjoy. store in fridge, but remove 20-30 minutes before serving as the caramel will be hard.
Not WW friendly, see nutrition info below
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 26g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: somoa brownies