First off, I want to thank you guys! This blog has been getting record breaking traffic all this month. Yesterday, was my highest day to the number of page views yet: 16,897. That is crazy!! My Hangover Quesadillas also got on Buzzfeed this weekend, which is pretty awesome. I hope this traffic continues to grow! I’ve had my blog for over 3 years now, and it’s taken 3 years to get major traffic like this to my blog, so I just want to thank all of you!
Warning: This pizza is not what you eat when you’re on a diet. Although, I did consider this a diet pizza since I made it a mini size pizza. When I’m craving pizza and want to try some new outrageous pizza flavor like this Spaghettio Pizza, I now make a very tiny pizza just for myself. Spaghettio Pizza: It will be the next big pizza flavor! Just you wait!
Spaghettios brings me back to my childhood. There’s not much to them either. It’s just a can of tomato soup with little round shaped pasta shells in it. I remember eating them all the time when I was a kid. I wanted to bring them back to life with this pizza. The sauce in the SpaghettiOs serve as the pizza sauce. Then, I topped that off with some fresh mozzarella cheese and sausage.
Man, do I ever LOVE sausage. Lately, I’ve been buying that a lot and there’s always some leftover in my fridge. It’s fun to throw in a breakfast quesadilla or some leftover frittata. I was thinking my next sequel to my 50 Shades of Bacon Cook book would be 50 Shades of Sausage. Because, I love sausage THAT much. 🙂Print
- 1 store bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 can of SpaghettiOs
- 4 ounces of Italian Sausage
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh Parsley or Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On top of your pizza dough spread the spaghettiOs around the pizza leaving enough room for the crust. I used about 3 – 4 tablespoons of SpaghettiOs and leave the rest to eat. Then spread the mozzarella cheese on the pizza and then the Sausage.
- Bake the pizza at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil and season with pepper and salt(if desired).
11 smart points
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 47
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 17