A spritz cookie is a pressed cookie made with a cookie a press. The cookie dough is a lot similar to that of a rolled sugar cookie.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- green food coloring (optional)
- red glazed cherries (optional)
- green glazed cherries (optional)
- decorative candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place flour and salt in medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Beat powdered sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture--mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- If desired, tint half of dough with green food coloring.
- Fit cookie press with desired plate (or change plates for different shapes after first batch).
- Fill press with dough; press dough 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate cookies with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just set.
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Prepare Icing, if desired.
- Pipe or drizzle on cooled cookies.
- Decorate with cherries and assorted candies, if desired.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl; stir until thick, but spreadable. (If icing is too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon additional milk).
- Category: Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 67.6
- Sugar: 5.4
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 9.1
- Fiber: .1
- Protein: .6
Keywords: spritz cookies