This strawberry shortcake dip is lightened up in calories and made with reduced-fat cream cheese and yogurt. Top it with some fresh strawberries and freshly grated lemon zest for a fun twist on the strawberry shortcake!
I made a box of store-bought Angel food cake mix (only because it was easy) and sliced up some bananas to make some skewers for dipping. Make this dip for Mother's Day and your Mom and all her guests will be impressed.
What Ingredients do I need for Strawberry Shortcake Dip?
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain ingredients here.
1 package (16 oz) fresh strawberries, stemmed and diced
Sugar - I prefer using regular granulated sugar for my recipes. I do not use sugar substitutes in any of my recipes but if you know the conversions feel free to do so.
Vanilla - As Ina Garten always says use a good pure vanilla extract. No imitation vanilla please! Vanilla extract is made by combing vodka and fresh vanilla beans to a glass jar. This has to sit for a couple of days for the vodka to smart smelling like vanilla beans.
Finely grated lemon peel
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened - reduced at or fat - free, whipped cream cheese is also good!
Yoplait® Original vanilla yogurt - or whatever flavor of yogurt you think would be good.
Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Dip
In a medium bowl, mix strawberries, 1 tablespoon of sugar, vanilla, and lemon peel. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, cream cheese, and yogurt in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on the serving plate. Drain the strawberry mixture, if necessary; spoon on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve dip with biscuits, angel food cake, or fruit.
Other Recipes To Try
If you like this recipe for Strawberry ShortCake Dip let me know by leaving a comment below, uploading a picture to my Pinterest or tagging me on
Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Yield: 16 1x
- 1 package (16 oz) fresh strawberries, stemmed and diced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- in medium bowl, mix strawberries, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, the vanilla and lemon peel. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cream cheese and yogurt in medium bowl. With electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on serving plate. Drain strawberry mixture, if necessary; spoon on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mint leaves. Serve dip with biscuits, angel food cake, or fruit.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: strawberry shortcake dip
Recipe adapted from Tablespoon.com
Leave a Reply