Do you think I post enough bacon recipes on this blog? Nope. There can never be too many bacon recipes. Oh, and sorry about the amount of chicken recipes I’ve been posting lately too. Had some chicken left over from those kabobs that I made earlier this week and had to get rid of it somehow. Bacon + Chicken is always a win.
These are really fun to make too. Wrap some bacon around some chicken bites. Poke a tooth pick in the middle so the bacon stays in its place. Not the whole slice of bacon. You could do that, but I cut my bacon slices into 3rds.
Dip the chicken bacon bites in some seasoning and then bake for 350 oven for 30 minutes.
I dipped the bacon wrapped chicken bites in some Maple Bacon Aoli from Stone Wall Kitchen. They were too die for!Print
- 1¼ pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1½ pounds bacon
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 T chili powder
- ½ t cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 convection. In a large mixing bowl, combine ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, 2 T chili powder and ½ t cumin. Mix well.
- Clean and trim about 1¼ pounds of skinless boneless chicken breast. Cut into approx. 1 inch cubes.
- If using thick bacon, thin out with the back edge of a chef knife. Cut the bacon in half, roll around the chicken cubes and secure with a tooth pick. This is the point to cover and refrigerate for better timing.
- Prep baking sheet with aluminum foil a rack and spray with PAM.
- Roll the pieces in the brown sugar mixture. Be sure to pack some in the ends. Place on the rack.
- Bake until golden brown. About 35 minutes for me. Cover with foil on heavy dish to keep warm until served.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 6; Purple Points: 4
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 17