Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash is a great way to start off any weekend morning. The sweet potatoes get cooked in some boiling water.
- 1 cup 1/2-inch chunks peeled sweet potato
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz uncooked turkey sausage links, chopped or crumbled
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Asian Chili Sauce
- 2 eggs
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a medium skillet combine sweet potato, 1/2 cup of water, and the salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the same skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook sausage until browned, stirring to break up meat as it cooks. Add onion and 3 tablespoons water, scraping up any browned bits. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes. Add cooked sweet potato, the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and Asian chili sauce. ook and stir until potatoes are heated through.
- Using a wooden spoon, make two depressions in the sweet potato mixture. Break each egg into a small dish; pour one egg into each depression. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are starting to thicken. Makes 2 servings.
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 21
Keywords: sweet potato and sausage has