I'm sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately. Next week I'm going on vacation for a whole week and my goal is to post a new recipe each day for you.
This chicken recipe is pretty tasty and I'm always looking for different ways to flavor up chicken. If you love Thai food then you will definitely like this chicken. It is so easy to make.. Just cook some chicken breasts in a pan. Remove the chicken after it is cooked and sautee the garlic and ginger mixture. To save some time, I always buy the grated ginger and garlic in a jar. Add in the soy sauce and brown sugar mixture and let that reduce. I added the chicken back in while the sauce was cooking so it can cook with all those extra flavors. This was total yum. Can't wait to make it again.
Calories 387.1, Fat: 10.1g, Carbs: 44g, Fiber: 1.7g, Protein: 29.5g
Points Plus: 10Print
- 2 ½ tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper, to season flour,to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea (mangetout)
- combine the ginger root, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cup and set aside.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper to taste and dredge chicken pieces in this.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and put in a warm dish, set aside in low oven to keep warm.
- Add the ginger-garlic mixture to the skillet and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and fish sauce (if using).
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces in the warm serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Trim and shred the sugar snap peas diagonally.
- Just prior to serving sprinkle the top of the chicken with the shredded snap peas.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 14; Purple Points: 8
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Keywords: thai chicken