One of the great things about Thanksgiving is all the leftovers that are taking up your fridge the day after. There’s always leftover turkey and that canned cranberry sauce that no one ate because they think that canned cranberry sauce is disgusting. Am I one of those people? Apparently not and I think it makes a delicious spread on a sandwich. It almost reminds me of jam, so canned cranberry sauce can always be used for something. You can also use my recipe for 0 smart point cranberry sauce to make this sandwich more WW friendly.
I recently decluttered my house since I’m moving out and one of the things that I got rid of was my Griddler. It was just sitting there taking up space and I wasn’t using it. The only thing nice about it was that it had a grill pan/panini pan with those fancy edges on it. If you don’t have anything like that just use a good old nonstick skillet and call this a grilled cheese with turkey and cranberry.Print
If you have any leftover turkey after Thanksgiving these turkey paninis are always a hit.
- 2 slices of white bread such as Village Hearth Light Italian Bread
- 1 slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese (or more depending on how much cheese you like)
- 3 oz of boneless skinless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoon of leftover cranberry sauce
- Cooking Spray
- Lay the cheese on top of one slice of bread followed by the cranberry sauce and turkey. Place the other slice of bread on top of that.
- Spray your panini grill or nonstick pan with cooking spray. Cook the sandwich on a panini grill until the cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown.
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 7; Purple Points: 6
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 30g
How is this a WW recipe? NO FOOD is off limits on WW and WW themselves stresses that a lot on their social media pages. I get this question quite a bit on Pinterest. That is one reason why I love WW. You can pretty much eat ANYTHING just as long as you stay in your daily points range for that.