- 2 cup(s) mixed berries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) 1% milk
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer or stand mixer with a wire whisk attachment, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour; then add salt, milk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Gently fold egg whites into batter until combined.
- Stir in berries and set aside.
- Heat a very large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Make six pancakes at a time by pouring 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet for each pancake (make sure to leave enough space in between each). Cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until centers are set, about 2 minutes more.
- Makes 12 pancakes. Serving size 1 pancake.
MyWW points: Blue: 1; Green: 2; Purple: 1
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
Keywords: triple berry pancakes