This is just a recipe post without text. Can you dig it?
Cause for once, I’d just like to blog and post pictures, and not have to write anything a long with it.
It will be fine, your heart will go on my friends.Print
- Garlic Shrimp (Prawns)
- 12 – 15 medium shrimp (prawns), shelled and deveined (about 5 – 7 oz / 150 – 200g, excluding shells)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp very finely chopped red chili, adjust to taste (I use birds eye which is spicy)
- 2.5oz / 75g dried rice vermicelli noodles (Note 1)
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1½ cups cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1½ cups beansprouts
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup mint leaves (ordinary or Vietnamese), lightly packed
- Combine the Garlic Shrimp ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the Dressing ingredients in a small jar, give it a shake then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet / fry pan over high heat. Add the shrimp, scraping in the olive oil and garlic from the sides of the bowl. Cook for 2 minutes, or until browned and the shrimp is just cooked through. (Note 2)
- Remove the prawns from the skillet onto a plate.
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles according to the packet directions. I like to just soak them in hot tap water for a few minutes, this ensures they don’t overcook. Then drain the noodles.
- Arrange the noodles and remaining Salad ingredients on a large plate (like the photo) or toss together in a bowl. Top with prawns (warm or at room temperature). Drizzle over the Dressing (or toss through), or you can serve the Dressing on the side.
- Serve immediately.
Smart Points: 12 for the whole recipe