Shrimp fried rice can be made healthier at home and can also be made faster than the time it takes to order some take out! This whole entire recipe can be made in under 1o minutes with the help of some steamer rice bags. Since discovering the frozen brown rice at Trader Joe’s, it’s so easy to whip this meal up in no time. I have yet to find a decent steamer rice bag here that compares to the ones that Trader Joe’s has.
Soy sauce gives the rice it’s brown color and I use frozen shrimp from Sam’s Club. I just let it defrost in some water for about an hour or even less than that! You can add whatever frozen vegetables you like. I used peas, carrots, and some scallions. You can watch how this recipe is made in the video below. All it requires is one pot.Print
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp. Sliced green onions
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add carrots and peas and sauté, 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg. Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture. Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 9; Purple Points: 8
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4th of the recipe
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 2.1
- Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 1.8
- Carbohydrates: 40.4
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 32.6
Keywords: weight watchers shrimp fried rice
recipe adapted from Delish.com