Blackstone Shrimp fried rice can be made healthier at home and can also be made faster than the time it takes to order some take out! This whole entire recipe can be made in under 1o minutes with the help of some steamer rice bags. Since discovering the frozen brown rice at Trader Joe's, it's so easy to whip this meal up in no time. I have yet to find a decent steamer rice bag here that compares to the ones that Trader Joe's has.
Soy sauce gives the rice it's brown color and I use frozen shrimp from Sam's Club. I just let it defrost in some water for about an hour or even less than that! You can add whatever frozen vegetables you like. I used peas, carrots, and some scallions. You can watch how this recipe is made in the video below. All it requires is one pot.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
In conclusion, shrimp fried rice is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
This recipe can easily be made on a Flat Top Griddle such as a Blackstone!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and flavorful meal that everyone will love. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a taste of Chinese cuisine in the comfort of your own home?
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Garlic, minced - Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Shrimp are a good source of protein, low in fat, and high in several important vitamins and minerals, such as selenium and vitamin B12.
- Cooked white rice - I really like the 90 second microwave rice packets. They are quick and convenient.
- Frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- Soy sauce - Use a Low Sodium or if you don’t have that on hand go for Tamari or Coconut Amino Acids
- Sesame oil - is a vegetable oil derived from sesame seeds. It is commonly used in Asian cuisine due to its nutty aroma and flavor, as well as its high smoke point.
- Large egg, whisked - The best type of eggs you can buy at the store are organic or free-range eggs, while others may prefer eggs from specific breeds of chickens
- Sliced green onions - optional garnish
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements. for garnish. Optional.
How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice on a Blackstone
Step 1: On a flat top grill such as a Blackstone, over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add carrots and peas and sauté, 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 2: Stir in rice and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
Step 3: Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg. Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture. Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 ½ cups
Yes, it is recommended to preheat a griddle before using it. This allows for even heat distribution and can help prevent food from sticking. The exact preheating time may vary depending on the type of griddle and the desired cooking temperature, but a general rule of thumb is to preheat for about 5-10 minutes.
Any type of non stick skillet over a stove top will work just fine!
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
More Great Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Shrimp Fried Rice or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Shrimp fried rice can be made healthier at home and can also be made faster than the time it takes to order some take out! This whole entire recipe can be made in under 1o minutes with the help of some steamer rice bags.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp. Sliced green onions
- On a flat top grill, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add carrots and peas and sauté, 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg. Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture. Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 ½ cups
If you don't have a Blackstone or griddle any type of skillet will work.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 9; Purple 8
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator. The nutrition calculator does calculate 0 point foods correctly.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Flat Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: ¼th of the recipe
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 2.1
- Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 1.8
- Carbohydrates: 40.4
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 32.6
Keywords: weight watchers shrimp fried rice
recipe adapted from Delish.com