- 1/2 medium onion, minced
4 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/8th teaspoon red pepper flakes
Kosher salt to taste
2 large sprigs fresh basil
- Spray a large dutch oven over medium heat with Cooking Spray. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Pour in tomatoes.
- Season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and stir in basil. Bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid has reduced slightly. Add in 1/2 to 1 cup of extra water and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Discard basil before serving. Check for taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve with 1 cup of prepared pasta. Serving size: ¾ cup
- Can be easily doubled or tripled to make more
myWW points: 0 (all 3 plans)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Keywords: basic marinara sauce recipe