1 tablespoon of light butter or margarine
9 oz Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (already cooked)
1 1/2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of 1% milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of onion powder
1 12oz can Pillsbury Grands! Jr Golden Flaky Layers Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the already cooked sausage to the pan and stir until the sausage is warmed up.
- Sprinkle in the flour all over the sausage and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until the flour has completely dissolved. Next, add the 2 cups of milk and bring to a simmer and add the spices.
- The sauce will be ready when you can run your finger along the back of the spoon and it leaves a clear lining.
- Grease a 9″-x-13″ or round pie plate baking dish with cooking spray. Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Pour the sausage gravy mixture into the casserole dish and spread the quartered biscuits all over the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serving size 1 cup
MyWW points: Blue: 10 ; Green: 10; Purple: 10
MyWW points: Blue: 6 ; Green: 7; Purple: 6 (points for 2 Ingredient Dough Biscuits) see section in post titled Biscuits to learn more.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bubble up biscuits and gravy casserole