- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces dried pasta (rotini, penne, or rigatoni pasta)
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- In a large deep skillet cook the 4 slices bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside on a plate. Do not drain any grease.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Add in pasta, broth, the water, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Stir in peas, whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately. If desired, top with crumbled bacon.
- Serving size: 1 cup.
Recipe and nutrition info from Better Homes and Garden
myWW points: Blue 8; Green 8; Purple 8
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 49
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 16