- 2 14.5 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups Arborio rice or short grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 6 ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan combine broth, rice, onion, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick. discard plastic wrap.
- In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs, the 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, the oregano, and lemon peel. In a second dish stir together eggs and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture to coat.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
- Stir peas into the risotto. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. To serve, slice chicken. Place risotto on a serving dish and top with sliced chicken. If desired, top with additional parsley and lemon peel.
- Makes 6 servings (1 chicken piece, 1/2 cup rice)
myWW points: Blue Points: 9; Green Points: 11 Purple Points: 9
- Serving Size: 1 chicken
- Calories: 591
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 45