Are you wondering how to make risotto without having to constantly be stirring, then you should definitely try this method using a dutch oven!
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock, preferably homemade, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas (I used frozen mixed veggies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Add the peas and stir until heated through. Serve hot.
- Divide the rice into 8 equal portions, about 3/4 cup per serving. This recipe makes a lot of risotto.
MyWW points: Blue: 7; Green: 7; Purple: 7
My WW Personal Points: 7 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: no stir risotto