Firecracker salmon is baked in the oven with the most flavorful sweet and spicy sauce you'll ever eat! This sauce can also be used on top of chicken.
- 1 ¼ pound salmon
- ¼ teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or chopped scallions (optional)
- FIRECRACKER SAUCE:
- ¼ cup hot sauce such as Franks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients for the firecracker sauce over medium low heat. Let the sauce come to a simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Check the sauce every 2 or 3 minutes so that it doesn't burn and stir it.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool for 3-5 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools so don't worry if it looks a little thin.
- While the sauce is simmering, place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.
- Place the salmon with foil on a baking tray. Season the salmon filet with salt and pepper.
- Using a brush or spoon, brush the salmon with the firecracker sauce. Cover with foil so that all sides are properly closed so the saucee does not leak.
- Bake the salmon for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon is firm to the touch in the thickest portion of the fish. Open the foil and allow the fish to broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye on it so the fish does not burn. Remove from oven, top with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Slice the salmon into 4 equal servings. Serving size: 1 fillet.
WW Points: 5 1/4 of the salmon
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 27
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 27
Keywords: firecracker salmon