You're probably wondering what a ground turkey sloppy joe is if you've never heard of it before. It's a sandwich that consists of ground beef (can sub ground turkey or textured vegetable protein) and it has ketchup, onions, and different seasonings added to it. You can take sloppy joes to a party of any type.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey 99% fat free
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sugar catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup(undiluted)
- salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 4 hamburger buns lite
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- In the skillet, add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink over medium - low heat.
- When the ground turkey is done cooking add the ketchup followed by the rest of the ingredients and ending at the can of chicken gumbo soup. Simmer on low for 10 minutes. Spoon meat mixture onto buns and serve.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 7; Purple 5
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sloppy joe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 37
Keywords: ground turkey sloppy joes