Pesto is a sauce made of basil, pinenuts, parmesan, garlic, and olive oil. You can brush it on grilled shrimp or chicken, add it to pasta or make a pasta salad with it, or drizzle it over a Caprese salad.
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the basil leaves, parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper to taste to a food processor or blender. Process half of these ingredients first before adding in the olive oil.
- Stream in the olive oil while the blender is processing the other ingredients. Continue blending until well combined, adding additional olive oil if needed.
- Store the pesto in a jar or plastic container with an airtight lid. It will last in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also freeze homemade pesto in ice cube trays.
my WW: blue 2; green 2; purple: 2 (1 tablespoon)
Some food processors do not have a place to stream in olive oil so just take the lid off and add it in.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Keywords: homemade pesto