Basic Chicken Brine – A simple chicken brine with only 3 ingredients that produce juicy and moist chicken!
- 1 gallon cold water (16 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt (reduce to 1/4 cup if using regular table salt)
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- Mix brine ingredients together well with a whisk.
- Place 1 whole chicken weighing 3 to 6 pounds (thawed) in the brine for 8 hours overnight. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse the chicken well under water. You are now ready to make a tender juicy chicken dish of your choosing.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Brine
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1