You won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade Hamburger Helper in your Instant Pot! The Instant Pot comes with a Saute function mode so the ground beef and onions can cook in the pot.
- 8 oz 96% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of dry elbow macaroni
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté Mode, and add ground beef and onion. Break up the ground beef with a wooden spoon, until crumbled and cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of beef broth and continue stirring.
- Add in the elbow macaroni and make sure all the elbow macaroni is submerged into the liquid.
- Lock the lid and set the valve to sealing mode. Set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the instant pot is done cooking, quick release the steam valve.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top and close the lid for a while until all the cheese is melted on top.
- Makes 4 servings. 1 1/4 cup serving size.
My WW Personal Points: 6 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 25.4g
Keywords: instant pot hamburger helper