2 tsp of olive oil
16 oz mild or hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
3 medium yukon gold potatoes, diced
7 ounces of kale, leaves stripped and chopped
1 cup 1% milk
1/4 freshly grated Parmesan, for serving (optional, not included in points)
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the saute setting. Add olive oil and sausage. Cook until sausage is lightly browned and crumbled, about 6-8 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. (You might have to hit the saute setting more than once.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth to the pot then season with salt and pepper, to taste. (The sausage has a lot of salt already so you might not need to add in any extra)
- Select manual setting; and set the timer for 5 minutes. Set the vent to sealing. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in kale until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Add in milk until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
myWW points: blue: 5, green: 5; purple: 3
- Category: Easy
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 15.2g
Keywords: instant pot zuppa toscana soup